My training plan is changing again. I know, I know... If you had a penny for every time I've "said" I'm changing my training plan you would have... well actually you would probably only have about 37 cents. But, flexibility is an important component of training so I'm not feeling too frustrated (yet) about the revisions I'm making. I'm taking a new "refill the glass" approach this time...
So far this is what I've come up with:
1. Find a podcast/audiobook to listen to so that my mind will be distracted for the 3.5+ hours it will probably take me to finish
2. Run with a hydration belt and identify "refill" locations along my planned route (before I start)
3. Walk for a mile (minimum) to warm up properly before I start my run
4. Carb load properly on the days preceding my long run
5. Remember that I'm supposed to carb load
6. Avoid binge watching Netflix shows the night before my long run
7. Hide my iPad so I actually do #6
8. Enjoy my run. Stay focused only on the mile I'm in, while remembering that each mile gets me closer to my goal.
Do you have any other tips for me?
What helps you get through your really long training runs?
Have you ever had to take out your wisdom teeth? How bad is it from 1-10 (10 being the most horrifying excruciating pain in the world)?
Post a Comment
Thanks for your comment!