Yesterday I did a Plyometric workout session with a group led by a running coach and an ex-Royal Military solider from London. My entire body hurts...even muscles that I didn't know existed are sore. During part of the workout session we had to crawl through grass and dirt focusing on using mainly our legs to propel us forward. My take home gifts from that fun activity were bruises and abrasions on my knees and elbows, and a ridiculous amount of dirt on my Brooks running shoes...
(I'm more distressed about my sneakers)
This morning, to close out the year with a bang, I walked up Mountain Spring (which is very very steep). My body was still in pain from the workout yesterday so it made the climb very challenging, but I'm glad I did it. My walking buddies today...
2014 has been a great year. There were a lot of set backs (injuries, physical therapy etc etc etc) but I also accomplished a lot.
My 2014 year-in-review...
Top Three 2014 Running Accomplishments:
1. Ran my first 1/2 marathon
2. Ran a total of 6 races (3 of which were 1/2 marathons!)
3. I got a half marathon PR
2015 aka "The Year of the Full" is going to be a great year. I have five running resolutions for 2015:
1. I'm going to increase my running intervals up to a 10min run: 1 min walk interval or 1 mile run: 1 min walk (whichever has the running interval that is longer) by the end of the year.
2. I'm going to run my first full marathon (Chicago, in October)
3. I'm going to run a total of 1000 miles (minimum)
4. I'm going to run more than 3 half marathons (I ran 3 this year so in 2015 I want to do more)
5. I'm going to achieve a sub 10min/mile pace (as my average pace)
How far are you going to go in 2015?
Great 2015 goals. I am scared to write goals down because then I have to commit!ReplyDelete
Write them :) You don't have to make them public but at least if you make the list for yourself you will hold yourself accountable (or maybe tell one friend to help you stay on track). Have a great New Year!Delete
Happy New Year! You've had a fantastic year in running!! Congrats on your 1/2 marathon successes!!!!!! I totally look forward to following your training in your first full. :D My husband and I would love to do the Chicago Marathon this year. Is it a lottery to get in?ReplyDelete
Thank you! and Happy New Year to you too :) The Chicago Marathon is a lottery or you can sign up through a charity (they have a few where the fundraising commitment amount isn't too high). I got in for 2014 but deferred until 2015 because of my injury. I hope you guys are able to do it!Delete