And went for a timed run with Niqui. The goal was 40 minutes...
That's a pace I haven't seen in a while :)
Still more than I want it to be, but I'm getting accustomed to my new foot strike so I'm happy!!!
Post run selfie...
(blurry pic but it's the best I could do)
The run today could have been better (but then again it could have been so much worse). The top three things that went great:
1. I ran with Niqui and she is so much fun to run with!
2. I did a lot better at maintaining my foot strike on my mid/forefoot
3. My ankle wasn't sore during or after my run (so far)
The top three things that could have been better:
1. It would have been great if the humidity wasn't so ridiculous... I think I lost 50% of my water weight within the first mile.
2. Insects find me. They find me and bite me, or sting me, or fly into my nose. I really could have done without that today.
3. I have two new blisters! The humidity is insane now and with it (along with the insects) comes blisters. Not fun :(
My running skirt did "OK"...
I'm happy that my form is getting better and I'm really excited about my Chi Running class on Thursday! The instructor emailed me today with additional information on what to bring and what to expect when I come to the class. The email mentioned that we wouldn't be doing too much running on Thursday, which means I may wake up and run on Friday morning (depending on how I feel) so that I can practice some of the things I learn on Thursday.
I'm also paying attention to other runners and their form to help improve mine. I find myself looking at other runners as I am running/walking/driving past them and taking note of their foot strike, stride, lean, arm position etc. Am I the only one that does that? I learn so much from seeing how other runners are able to run more efficiently. I also have several friends with great running form; but even closer to home is Kai's amazing running form...
This is one talent that she clearly did not get from me ;)
On a completely unrelated note... I was packing up some stuff that my mom ordered and saw this...
LOL I love it!!!!! This is just the lid of the box, the mug is inside. I need like 5 of these ;)
(available at New Kingston Pharmacy soon!)
What's your favorite outfit to run in?
Do you (did you) watch other runners to try and improve your form?
Is it humid where you run? What do you think is worse: running in hot humid weather or freezing cold weather?